Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Two Months Old!!

Well almost. It's almost unbelievable that Addison is two days away from being two months old! Things have been a whirlwind with her but worth every second. We finally got her formula set (unfortunately it ended up being the most expensive one out there) and she is so much happier! The formula makes her a really happy baby in the morning and now it seems to be getting then same way at night. She also smiles almost on command. Its wonderful! She is a lot less fussy and her reflux is getting better (no thanks to the Zantac which she hated and never kept down). She is staying awake longer during the day but is keeping the same schedule at night for the most part. I am going to start her on a schedule that is supposed to help her get longer and more beneficial sleep. Which in turn will also give me longer sleep, woo hoo! We will see how it goes. A friend Kera told me about the book and her daughter Joslyn (who is only two days younger than Addi!) is responding well to the schedule and already sleeping 5-7 hour stretches.

We had a lunch date with Kera and Joslyn yesterday. It is so wonderful to have someone who has a child the same age as Addi. It is nice to be able to compare their behaviors and growth. Joslyn is already rolling over and making cooing sounds. She can also hold her head up on her own really well. Addi is getting incredibly close to rolling from her back to her tummy (I even found her sleeping on her side this morning) and she is starting to make more sounds but I wouldn't say it is cooing. As for holding her head up Addi is getting really great at it when she is held against your chest and is trying so hard to pick it up when on her belly. I hope Joslyn and Addi will be life long friends. It would be a great story to say that they have been friends since they were 8 weeks old!

Addi had her 2 month doctors visit today. Man is she getting BIG!! We had feeling that she was since she looks huge compared to when she was born. She now weighs 11lbs and 7oz which puts her in the 75th percentile for weight. She is another inch longer at 24 inches putting her in the 95-97th percentile for length. Her head measures a whopping 40cm and that puts her head circumference in the 75-90th percentile! The doctor says that she looks and sounds great. Today was her first real experience with full blow vaccines. They gave her one shot in each thigh! I could barely watch, I could feel her pain. The first one was as expected for her reaction but the second one, which the nurse warned me was the more painful one, sent her way over the edge and she turned a dark purplish color and couldn't even get a sound out cause she was in so much pain! I tried to blow on her face to get her to take a deep breath which didn't work, so when I quickly picked her up she finally gasped and let out the loudest shriek of a cry I have ever heard! She continued to cry for a few seconds more then pretty much fell asleep. At least until I put her down that is. When I tried to put her in her car seat to leave she started to cry again so I threw her huge diaper bag over my shoulder picked up her car seat and tried to maneuver her with one arm. It was tough but worth her comfort. When we got to the car she was asleep. She has been asleep ever since except to eat or be changed. It took everything out of her. I feel so bad. She kept waking up screaming so I had to send a panicked call to my dad who was luckily at the grocery store just down the street. Thankfully he dropped his work grabbed some baby Tylenol drops and raced them home to me. I am so glad that he was close by. She was inconsolable and I didn't know what else to do. She seems to be less fussy than before the drops but not 100% comfortable. We will see how the night goes. I only got 5 hours of sleep last night so I am running on empty.

No comments: