Friday, September 17, 2010

Zoo Fun!

We got to go to the Zoo yesterday. Thanks to our neighbor Ruthann who is a member of the Zoo and gets friends in for free. We had a great time, but unfortunately, it was super hot out (AZ, who would have thought :) ?) I assumed that since it was starting to cool off the week before that it would last. Silly me, you would think that I would know that it wouldn't stick around seeing that I have lived here my entire life! Ha ha, oh well. We went nice and early but it didn't help. We did get to see the monkey village, which was great since Addi really seems to like them. We also went over to the Tot's Farm playground and let the kids get some energy out and pet some goats. The best part was probably the fact that they still have their Splash Lagoons running, so we let the kids cool off and play in the water. As we were leaving I was putting everything in the trunk and all my stuff fell out of the little compartment in the top. I swiped everything up really fast so I could get in the AC, not realizing that my cell phone had also fallen out! I sped off and took Addi home for a nap which was so easy since she had passed out before we even left the parking lot. I suddenly got a panicked feeling while rustling through my bag looking for my "new" cell phone. OH NO! It was in the stroller! With Addi asleep I couldn't run back to the Zoo and I obviously had no phone to call Kyle. What a predicament! I remembered that you could send text messages from the Verizon website, so I raced to the computer, sent Kyle a message asking him to call it and pray that someone would hear it. Thankfully someone had already found it and gave it to lost and found, who called Kyle and he was already on his was to pick it up. All I had to do was pray that I didn't drive over it as I left and that is wasn't squashed or totally scratched up. Kyle came home and it had only suffered a ding on the bottom. How lucky was that! Crazy morning, that was for sure!










No comments: