We went to the doctor yesterday for the first ultrasound. Unfortunately it was not what we had expected! First of all we had to wait in the waiting room for over a half an hour, which was half the time at the first appointment but was still way too long. When we were finally called back we went into the ultrasound room and the technician didn't even tell me what she was doing or what to expect. She without any warning squirted on the gel all over, which was very cold. Then she pushed the wand down on my stomach pretty hard and started to take a bunch of pictures. She asked me some strange questions and said that she couldn't see the Fetal Pole or a heartbeat. She measured the gestational sac and said that I am measuring about 6 weeks and two days. Then she said congratulations and asked if we wanted a picture of the sac. We were very confused and said no to the picture. We then had to go back out into the waiting room until the doctor was ready. When the doctor came into the room (not even the same doctor as the last time) she handed me a paper and said that the fetal pole was not detected and I asked if that was normal. Her only words were "Well I can't tell you that its normal, and I can't tell you that its not." She left it at that with on other explanation! And she didn't even tell me the results of my blood work from two weeks ago!
So me being the worrier that I am started to get upset and worried that something was wrong, but they wouldn't give me a better answer. I went back to work and told them what had happened and I come to find out that another Co- worker of mine,Abbey, that is also pregnant wasn't allowed to get an ultrasound until she was suspected to be around 11 weeks. We looked information up on the internet and asked Kristin's mom (who used to be a high risk pregnancy nurse) about what had happened and it seems that it is normal to not see anything until at least 10 weeks! Why couldn't the doctor tell me that? So we decided to go to another doctor for a second opinion and that appointment will be on the 12th.
So I am now able to relax a little knowing that its ok that we didn't see anything. We are totally not sure of our due date know it may be April 26th. Who knows anymore?!
Welcome to The Brown Family Blog! Our lives have forever changed since the birth of our beautiful little girl, Addison Grace on April 12th 2009. And we are now expecting our second little girl, Maya, October 23rd!!! Check back as we keep you updated on our life!
1 comment:
That's annoying! I wouldn't go back to that doctor's office anymore!!
Post a Comment