Friday, August 22, 2008

The Doctors Appointment

Today we meet with a doctor who gave us the confirmation that we are for sure pregnant! She guesstimated that I am about 5-6 weeks along and due April 17th!They had to take 5 vials of blood which was not fun at all but at least it will give us a good idea how things are going so far. It is still really early in the pregnancy so therefore I am crazy nervous about the possibility of a miscarriage.

I finally was able to tell my parents today which went exactly as I had thought it would. I made shirts for all of the family members and very close friends saying grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle to be '09. I told my parents by putting the shirts in boxes and making up a story that we had found something cool for the both of them and had them open it at the same time. At first my mom Ginny didn't really read it cause she said "Oh how nice!" and then when she really read it she screamed "REALLY!... OH MY GOSH" and my dad Jim just kind of stood there shocked! I started to cry and then my mom did and my dad still stood there not really saying anything. They both gave us huge hugs and kisses and all my mom could do is grab my dads arm saying "OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED!!!" It was a perfect moment, one that I don't think I will ever forget. When my dad finally did talk speak a whole sentence he said, " I'll never see your mother again cause she is going to spend all her time shopping for the baby, we're gonna be broke." We all had a good laugh.

My best friend Kristin was there for all of it, I gave her the shirt I made for her too and she keeps on saying "Oh my goodness, I can't believe it!"

Kyle had spoken to his sister Andrea earlier this evening and I could hear her excitement over the phone sitting in the next chair. I am sad because she won't be in town when we go to Flagstaff tomorrow to tell Kyle's Mom and her husband. But I am glad that we were able to get a hold of her and tell her the news. Tomorrow is going to be another very exciting day and I know that we are both really looking forward to it.

No comments: